Keyshia Cole turns 32 years old today (Tuesday).
- Born on October 15th, 1981 in Oakland, California. With a drug addict for a mom, Keyshia was in and out of foster care.
- She got started in music at age 12, recording with M.C. Hammer before heading to L.A. and becoming cool with Tupac, who insisted she'd one day be a star.
- Her debut, The Way It Is, came out in 2005 and debuted at number-six on the Billboard 200. Cole quickly established herself as young Mary J. Blige.
- Her second album, Just Like You, debuted at number-two in 2007. It didn't hurt that Keyshia's profile went through the roof with the BET reality series The Way It Is.
- A Different Me, Calling All Hearts and Woman to Woman all debuted in the Top 10 as well.
- Keyshia recently returned to the studio to began recording her sixth album.
- In 2011, Cole and NBA player Daniel Gibson wed in a private ceremony in Cleveland.