T-Pain turns 28 years old today.
- T-Pain began making beats as a teen. Since then, he's had close to a dozen Top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100.
- He's known for bringing back Auto-Tune, an audio-altering device first made famous by Zapp's Roger Troutman.
- Pain started out with rap group Nappy Headz before signing with Konvict Music after his mixtape single "I'm F'd Up" caught Akon's attention.
- His 2005 debut, Rappa Turnt Sanga, spun off the hits "In Love With a Stripper" and "I'm Sprung."
- Pain's third album,Three Ringz, featured Lil' Wayne on "Can't Believe It," Ludacris on "Chopped and Skrewed" and Chris Brown on "Freeze."
- In April, 2013 after the announcement of T-Pain cutting off his dreads, he announced the title of his fifth studio album titled Stoicville: The Phoenix.