Sean "Diddy" Combs turns 44 years old today (Monday).
- Sean Combs was born in Harlem, New York, but was raised in Mount Vernon, New York.
- His mother, Janice, was a model and teacher. His father, Melvin Earl Combs, was an associate of the New York drug lord Frank Lucas and was murdered when Sean was a child.
- Combs played football and won a scholarship to Howard University, but dropped out to give all his attention to his internship at Uptown Records -- where he would later become an executive.
- He founded Bad Boy Records in 1993, taking The Notorious B.I.G with him from Uptown.
- He released his debut album, No Way Out, in 1997 and it was certified seven times platinum, followed by 1999's Forever, 2001's The Saga Continues... and 2006's Press Play.
- Combs has won three Grammy Awards and two MTV Video Music Awards.
- In 2013 Forbes estimated Diddy's net worth at $580 million, making him the richest figure in hip-hop.
- His latest venture is an all-music cable channel called Revolt TV. It launched last month.