There's not a whole lot of brotherly love in Philadelphia for Drake today.
Fans are still steaming because Drizzy cancelled his concert Saturday night an hour after it was supposed to have begun. According to Philly.com, ticket-holders had already entered the Wells Fargo Center when they were told that the show couldn't go on due to a technical difficulty. The venue later issued a statement saying, "Due to the elaborate nature of tonight's show and an unexpected technical issue, Drake's Would You Like a Tourconcert at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia has been postponed until Wednesday, December 18th."
Philly fans quickly took to Twitter to voice their outrage:
- @HellowKittee: "@Drake I quit my job to be at your concert and you do this? And I got paid $30 an hour."
- @Zoo757: "@Drake, sorry Philly I will not be at the show tonight. Don't hold on, just go home."
- @NexTheMisfit215 "Drake just schemed Philly on the low, robbed Philly on the low, said F Philly on the low."
- @JaMari_Couture: "@Drake My apologies to all my fans in Philly, hair was not cut right for tonight's show."
Drake's Would You Like a Tour is expected to resume tonight in Montreal.
Source: Rolling Stone
MY 2 CENTS:
- It's wrong to cancel a concert after it's already scheduled to start. A real showman would make it work.
- Surprised the Philly fans didn't riot.
- Drake better bring it when he returns to Philly. If not they're going to let him hear it. This is the city that booed Santa Claus.