He gave us music, fashion, drama, even a beautiful baby girl in 2013. But most of all, Kanye West gave us some memorable quotes. So in honor of his outspoken style, People magazine has compiled a list of Kanye's most notable quotables from 2013:
- "For me, you know, I’m a creative genius," he told Jimmy Kimmel in October. "There’s no other way to word it. I know you’re not supposed to say that about yourself. And I say things the wrong way a lot of times but my intention is always positive."
- "I am Warhol," West told MTV in November. "I am the number-one most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh. Walt Disney. Nike. Google. Now, who’s going to be the Medici family and stand up and let me create more? Or do you want to marginalize me 'til I’m out of my moment?"
- "I've been connected to the most culturally important albums of the past four years, the most influential artists of the past 10 years," he told the New York Times in June. "You have like, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Howard Hughes, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Anna Wintour, David Stern."
- "Rap is the new rock and roll," West told DJ and TV host Zane Lowe in September. "We the new rock stars, and I’m the biggest of all of them. I’m the number-one rock star on the planet."
- "God’s little practical joke on me – as an intellect who doesn’t like to read a lot – is like, I’ll say some super-philosophical [thing], but I’ll say it the wrong way," West told Wmagazine in June. "I’ll use the wrong word, so it goes from being really special to completely retarded."
TeeRoy 2 Cents:
- OK, Kanye, we get it. You're Walt Disney.
- These "I'm the greatest" quotes seem a little silly in light of how Beyonce ended heryear.
- Nothing from the Breakfast Club interview?